Currently on SynetoOS 5 appliances the feature VM migrate is no longer available.
Use the following instructions to migrate VM's from a different host
VM's downtime is required
Step 1: Access SynetoOS GUI
Step 2: Add external VMware host to SynetoOS
- From the Host panel go to VMware servers
- Add the external host credentials and address
for this example the external host address is 192.168.1.245
Step 3: Connect to SynetoOS CLi
Step 4: Install script
From SynetoOS CLi insert
pip3 install https://storage.googleapis.com/syneto_public_files/downloads/Syneto-Tools/synclient-5.1.45-py3-none-any.whl
dnf install https://storage.googleapis.com/syneto_public_files/downloads/Syneto-Tools/syntools-5.1-4.el8.x86_64.rpm
echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin' >> ~/.bashrc
Step 5: Execute the script
Step 7: Confirm Appliance and Host credentials
- After the above input you'll be redirected to the VM migration Manager.
- Verify and confirm that the appliance and local hypervisor credentials are correct.
Proceed to select Apply option with the help of your tab key
Step 8: Select VM's to migrate
- You'll see in the list all register VM's registered on the external host and the local host
- Select the one's you're interested to migrate using the space bar
Step 9: Migrate selected VM's
- Press <p> on your keyboard to prepare the selected vm's for migration.
- As soon the process reaches 100% go to the external host and shut down the virtual machines
- After VM's are confirmed to be power off, continue on SynetoOS CLi by pressing <m> on your keyboard. This will complete the migration process
- The migrated virtual machines will result now on the list in bold font
Step 10: Exit VM Migration Manager
- Simply press <e> to exit