If you experience a technical issue with your appliance, attempting to troubleshoot the problem on your own may not be sufficient. This is where remote support access comes into play.
Enabling remote support access allows the Technical Support Team to connect to your appliance and investigate the issue.
However, before remote support access can be enabled, there are a few requirements that must be met
- A working internet connection on your appliance.
- If you have a firewall in place, you may need to configure the necessary ports to allow a connection.
Configuring the necessary ports is a simple process that can typically be accomplished by your IT department or network administrator using our guide: Firewall Ports and Addresses
How to enable Remote Support
Enable Remote Support from SynetoOS GUI
SynetoOS version higher than 4.4
Step 1: Access SynetoOS GUI
Step 2: Open the Help panel
- From the upper toolbar, select the Help icon to open its panel
Step 3: Enable Remote Access
- From the Remote Support menù click on the Enable remote access option
Enable Remote Support from SynetoOS CLI
Step 1: Connect to SynetoOS CLI
- If needed follow our guide to Connect to SynetoOS CLI using SSH
- This operation can also be executed from the SynetoOS VM console available on the Hypervisor Web UI
Step 2: Login in with SynetoOS credentials
Step 3: Enable remote support
config sup enable