- SynetoOS 4.7.0 and above
- VMware ESXi 6.5 U3 and above
This guide describes how to upgrade your Syneto VMware ESXi to version ESXi-7.0.3c
Check your VMware license before upgrade and procede only if is compliant to version 7.0
Power-off all VMs including Syneto OS and Syneto File Recovery
Save you configuration in a file before to upgrade the system by following this tutorial.
- Reverting to a previous build does not revert the tools-light vib version installed on the ESXI host
- Reverting to an earlier version is not possible after upgrading to ESXi 7.0 due to partition changes to the boot device.
- To use an earlier version of ESXi after upgrading to version 7.0, you must create a backup of the boot device before the upgrade or reinstall the desired version.
The upgrade requires the host to be rebooted.
Please ensure that you are running SynetoOS 4.7.0 or above before starting the upgrade procedure.
1. Open SSH connection to Syneto ESXi
2. Change directory to your datastore deployment folder (name may vary)
3. Modify firewall rules to be able to download the upgrade bundle
esxcli network firewall ruleset set -e true -r httpClient
4. Download Syneto VMware ESXi 7.0.3c
wget -O esx-syneto-update.zip https://storage.googleapis.com/syneto_public_files/updates/ESXi-Upgrade-Bundles/ESXi7/ESXi-7.0U3c-19193900-Syneto-v7.180-release.zip
NOTE: Make sure there're no firewall rules or antivirus blocking the connection.
Download MD5 Checksum
esxcli software profile update --depot=/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/deployment/esx-syneto-update.zip --profile=ESXi-7.0U3c-19193900-Syneto-v7.180
Message: The update completed successfully, but the system needs to be rebooted for the changes to be effective.
Reboot Required: true
7. Check version after reboot
esxcli system version get
Product: VMware ESXi