In certain scenarios, data transfer performance is sub-optimal when handling large amounts of data. This is due to the fact that network traffic processing is CPU bound, thus it can be negatively impacted by CPU constraints.
The proposed solution offloads the processing of network traffic from the CPU to a network adapter (NIC). This can significantly improve the performance of data movement over the network. Performance improvement is directly related to the capabilities of the network adapter (1GB or 10GBs) and switching capacity.
Note: You'll need at least 1 free uplink not used in other vSwitch
Create a new virtual switch
1. Connect the HYPER appliance Network port to assign at the new vSwitch with a network cable to your existing switching infrastructure.
2. Create a new vSwitch on the ESXi hypervisor clicking "Network" and "vSwitch" than "create" and complete required field.
3. Add an uplink to the new vSwitch (uplink should not be assigned to other vSwitch) and complete configuration as your needs
4. Create a new port group on the new vSwitch
5. On the SynetoOS virtual machine, edit the settings and change the network adapter from VM Network to the name of your new port group previously created. The SynetoOS virtual machines does not need to be powered off to perform this change.