Applies to: SynetoOS 4.x
Step 1. CABLING ON JBOD
Cabling for connecting a JBOD to a Syneto head node is pretty straightforward.
- Connect a Mini-SAS HD cable to one of the red ports (image below), physically marked with "IN" on the JBOD.
- Connect a RJ45 Ethernet cable to the orange port (100 Mbps), to have BMC/IPMI access to this machine.
Step 2. CABLING ON SYNETO HEAD NODE
- Connect the other end of the Mini-SAS HD cable to the bottom port of the external SAS connector of your Syneto head node. The external SAS is located on the right side of the head node.
Step 3. ADDING AN ADDITIONAL JBOD
In case you have multiple JBODS that you want to cascade:
- Connect a Mini-SAS HD cable on the blue "out" port on the first JBOD (also connected to your head node).
- Connect the other end of the Mini-SAS HD cable to the red ‘in’ port on the second JBOD.
- If you have more than 2 JBODS repeat previous 2 steps where the first JBOD will now be the second JBOD.
NOTE: JBOD expansion is not supported on SynetoOS 3.x.