Applies to: all versions
If you're experiencing ESXi connectivity issues, you should consider to restart Management Agents on your ESXi host.
The restart may impact any tasks that are running on the ESXi host but not the running VMs.
This article is also useful in case ESXi displays "Invalid user or password" or web UI are not available and SynetoOS displays "Local hypervisor is inaccessible".
Chose between the 2 solutions provided:
#1 Restart Management Agents using DCUI (Direct Console User Interface)
1. Connect to the console of your ESXi host, using Physical Display and keyboard or IPMI
2. Press "F2" to customise the system
3. Login with "root" user and your password
4. Use the "Up/Down" arrows and navigate to "Troubleshooting Options > Restart Management Agents"
5. Press "Enter"
6. Press "F11" to restart the services
7. When services are restarted, press "Enter"
8. Press "Esc" to log out
#2 Restart Management Agents using ESXi Shell or Secure Shell
1. Login to ESXi Shell or Secure Shell with "root" user (How to enable ESXi Shell or Secure Shell).
2. Restart the ESXi host daemon and vCenter Agent Services:
/etc/init.d/hostd restart /etc/init.d/vpxa restart