Applies to: All versions
You might receive messages alert messages with "Virtual machine memory usage" on SynetoOS virtual machine.
This behavior, depending on the ESXi version, is by design for Virtual Machines in the specified configurations. In SynetoOS case, is the PCI passthrough device (the disks controllers) that causes alarm trigger.
This is a display artifact only and has no negative performance impact on the virtual machine or the host it is running on.
To work around this issue, disable the Virtual machine memory usage alarm to avoid false positives.
To disable the alarm definition:
- Select the vCenter object in the navigation pane of the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Monitor tab > Issues sub-tab.
- Select Alarm Definitions and search for Virtual machine memory usage.
- Highlight the alarm and click Edit.
- Deselect Enable this alarm.
- Click Finish.