Applies to: All versions
Proceeding successfully with the Update of SynetoOS you can find the situation where for example, if you had 30 virtual machines, after the update you can now see only 23 of them.
All you have to do is to follow the steps below to add each of them manually in the inventory:
To register a virtual machine in vCenter Server:
- Open the vSphere / VMware Infrastructure (VI) Client and log in with appropriate credentials.
- If connecting to vCenter Server, click on the desired host.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Storage.
- Right-click on the appropriate datastore and click Browse Datastore.
- Navigate to the folder named after the virtual machine, and locate the <virtual machine>.vmx file.
- Right-click the .vmx file and click Add to inventory. The Add to Inventory wizard opens.
- Continue to follow the wizard to add the virtual machine.
For additional information please access the article below.
Source: VMwareKB: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1006160